Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What to do when you need soap boxes and your out or can't find them?


I'm doing a craft fair this weekend, and I don't deal with bath type soaps as often as I would like.  So I either can't find them or I am out of the rectangle type boxes.   A few years ago when we put down new flooring in the house, just about all my craft supplies were sent down to the basement until the job was done.  I was ill in bed and couldn't help my husband, to which I think he was happy with because I couldn't tell him how to do his job.  A job he has done before and knows how to do..... Least to say he didn't put all my things in the same spot, and among all the other boxes of outgrown toys, the kids old clothes and plain things we don't need anymore or don't know what else to do with it.  (yes my basement needs so serious purging, maybe next year.)   I'm still trying to find all my things.... luckily it's just packaging material, boxes, bottles, jars, push up tubes and the like.



These are the boxes that I had bought.  In white.  But I do cover the hole and my labels go across the entire front and back!   They look very professional!

HELP !!!!!!!!!

There in't time to order new boxes, and I am not even sure where my shrink wrap bags are.  Of course I'm not overly fond of them in the first place so I doubt I would use them in I found them.  Unless the soap is well aged it will loosen inside the band and smears soap on the band making for a not so very professional looking bar of soap packaging.

I don't want to use cigar bands because unless your soaps are 8 weeks or more old they will loosen up and won't look very nice in weeks to come.  I need them to look great here and now as well as in the future.

So I had to think of plan D, E, F, G or even H...... I really wanted boxes because they just look so nice, but also my soaps are fresher so they still have moisture to evaporate out of them.   Because of that they will have a note about that on the top of the box.  But back to my bigger problem.

There I did it again, and said the word box, and I didn't have one.  But I really wanted one, so I thought back to a time before I started selling and did what any creative soapmaker would do and that's to make my own.

Of course it's time consuming to make them, but right now I have slave labor my daughter helping me out.   I found a template online and used that printed on card stock paper so it's much thicker than regular copy paper and will hold it's shape.


This is the template that I chose, but there are plenty on google images to select from.  I tried printing it right from the page didn't work very well.  It was too small.  So I uploaded the image to my labels program, flipped the image and after a few test prints for size I was able to get it just right.


Shown on my label program on a full sheet of paper.   I printed out a gazillion or so it feels now that it' the correct size.  My daughter is cutting the piece out, and on the fold lines is using a ruler and a pen to score the folding lines.  This makes folding them so much easier and more accurate.  Thank goodness for kids helping out.  Of course she will be paid for her troubles and saving me from trying to figure out additional plans!

Now I can do what I usually do and print out the product labels that will stick to the box so they will be ready to be sold.

This is what my finished box looks like.  .... quick cell phone picture.



But honestly, my soaps fit much better in these boxes because they are custom sized.   I may have to work the template to work with other sizes that I need....... Love the white......


3 comments:

  1. I'm very Glad to visit your informational Post. Custom Soap Boxes Packaging boxes are really necessary for any kind of product. If you want to pack your products in a stylish way then use these Custom Soap Boxes with customized designs, styles, colors, shapes, and stocks. We are also offering error-free design and free shipping services all over the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete